Sunday, January 6, 2008

Here in Chicago, the college button has been pushed.

It's amazing how a relative heat wave (temps pushed 55 degrees today) really brings out the people. I haven't seen my neighborhood this... populated since I moved, back at the beginning of November. I'm trying to relish the ability to walk from place to place hatless, with my head high and alert and warm, my pace slightly more leisurely. I'm sure this will only last for another day or so...

So. No more false promises. A return to blogging is imminent. I'll probably post the Annie-related thoughts here and the less interesting, personal meanderings here: http://itsourtimeontheedge.blogspot.com (still figuring out how technological geniuses add hyperlinks)

I'm going to go ahead and attribute the extended hiatus due to a lack of interesting happenings. Life post-move has been chaotically lonely. And while I doubt the rate of intriguing stories is going to pick up any time soon, I vow to make things interesting, even if it requires a certain amount of exaggeration. And, in addition to being good at Swiffering and showering, I'm a pretty decent exaggerator.

This is where I live. Well, above the store pictured. If you look closely, you can see me on the back porch, basking in the gently wafting aroma of Chipotle's refuse and throwing rocks at rats.

1 comment:

Jennifer Rodden said...

Hey! I just realized you use the same blog as my class. Rock on