Friday, July 11, 2008

TGIF.

I think we sort of have a tentative structure in place, but I'm going to go out on a limb and make Friday a free for all.

Shamille is currently on a plane to Chicago, her first motivation being to see me (at least I'd like to think), and her second to attend Chicago's Irish Fest. She has a friend in the band Bua, one of the featured festival performers. And I'll take any opportunity to drink heavily and break out a rusty slip jig (in that order).

Anyway, if you're in the Chicago area, you should check it out .

To get you in the mood, here's a video of Mundy performing Galway Girl. I ran the Bastille Day 5K in some sort of midwestern hurricane last night, and the only thing that kept me from taking cover under a parked car or hopping on the nearest bus was this song on repeat.

No comments: