Monday, August 6, 2007

i've got some good news and some bad news.

I got my fortune read over the weekend.

Or rather, I got a really shitty fortune made up for me by my friends Jason and Shawn.

It's bittersweet, my future.

The good news?
I will fulfill my lifelong dream of marrying a caricature artist. It will be a beautiful and special relationship and our wedding invitations will be hand made by said life partner, featuring comical, big-headed renditions of the two of us riding in a hot air balloon together.

The bad?
Within months, my new life partner will die, leaving me nothing but his unpaid student loan debt from years of caricature school. And I don't know if you guys were aware, but caricature school is fucking expensive.

But as Shawn was quick to point out, I'm the one who supported his artistic ventures and encouraged him not just to buy the "How To Draw Caricatures" book, but to go through professional caricature school to ensure his talent was recognized and not squandered.

And that's just the price I have to pay.

No comments: